|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2010 08:01 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced it is accelerating the market shift to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2. The first phase of cloud computing was about leveraging technologies that were low cost, fast and easy to use on your desktop. Cloud 2 represents the next generation of cloud computing, one that is inherently social, collaborative and delivers real-time access to data and information across new mobile devices.
To meet the overwhelming demand for social enterprise apps, and to accelerate the shift to Cloud 2, salesforce.com has extended the Salesforce Chatter private beta program to more than 500 companies, including customers like Enterasys Networks and Saatchi & Saatchi. In addition, the company launched the AppExchange 2, with the ChatterExchange, a new category for social enterprise applications.
Comments on the News
- "We are in the era of Cloud 2, where social networking use has surpassed e-mail, Facebook and YouTube use have outpaced search, and new mobile devices like the iPad are creating entirely new ways to interact with information," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "With today's announcement, salesforce.com is advancing the shift to Cloud 2, where productivity gains are going to come from real-time collaboration available on any device. We've seen the future of enterprise software, and it looks more like Facebook on the iPad than Yahoo on the PC."
- "The best innovations from the consumer Web are moving to the enterprise forcing software to evolve," said Denis Pombriant, principle, Beagle Research. "The next decade will see demands for more sustainable business processes and cloud computing will meet the challenge by continuing to tilt away from the desktop and on-premise infrastructure, toward location independent computing that accesses data in the cloud on any mobile device."
Chatter Brings Cloud 2 to the Enterprise
Companies of all sizes and industries have realized that the cloud computing model can deliver tremendous success -- it is low cost, fast and easy to use. With the rise of Facebook, Google and Twitter, companies are realizing there is a smarter way to harness the power of the social networking services made popular by the consumer Web. Salesforce.com accelerates the move to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2, with Chatter. Chatter is the first social enterprise collaboration solution with profiles, real-time feeds and status updates for not only people, but apps and data become social as well.
Today salesforce.com has announced that the Chatter beta program has been extended to more than 500 customers due to overwhelming demand. Later this year, all 72,500 salesforce.com customers will receive Chatter at no additional charge, making their deployments immediately social.
Comments on the News
- "Saatchi & Saatchi is beta-testing Chatter and we love it," said Brand DuBose, management director, Saatchi & Saatchi. "Chatter revolutionizes the way our geographically dispersed teams can collaborate and boost productivity from anywhere. With Chatter, our people can change the game by sharing critical information, insights, and best practices to ensure that our biggest ideas and best work are implemented in real-time."
Salesforce.com's Service Cloud 2 Goes Social with Chatter
Salesforce.com has extended the Chatter private beta to more than 250 Service Cloud 2 customers, including Enterasys Networks so they may realize the power of collaborative customer service. Now, the Service Cloud with Chatter allows service agents to stay on top of the most critical customer updates, track service level agreements and knowledge changes, and instantly collaborate with experts across departments to resolve complex customer cases faster, regardless of where the answer may reside. Nearly 9,000 companies are currently using the Service Cloud to realize tremendous benefits. In combining the Service Cloud and Chatter, companies can boost productivity gains by empowering service agents with powerful new capabilities for:
- Monitoring Priority Cases: Service agents can stay on top of high priority cases, updates to critical knowledge articles, and the latest product updates
- Locating Expertise: Service agents can follow experts across their organization and instantly get help from other agents, other departments, or from across the company
- Real-Time Case Collaboration: For high priority cases, service supervisors can assemble the best expertise and information to close complex cases faster
- SLA Management: Salesforce Chatter proactively can alert service agents of upcoming service level agreement milestones that they must meet
- Sales-Service Alignment: Service agents and sales reps can share the latest case and opportunity updates for their customer to ensure good service means good business
Comments on the News
- "Enterasys Networks' swift customer service engagement depends on addressing open cases with the right expertise so reps can resolve particular issues the first time," said Dan Petlon, CIO, Enterasys Networks. "The Service Cloud 2 with Chatter is truly a game-changer in that it allows us to find experts quickly with the power of real-time enterprise collaboration behind each rep."
AppExchange 2 Introduces ChatterExchange: More than Two Dozen New Cloud 2 Apps
Salesforce.com today unveiled the AppExchange 2, which reflects the shift to Cloud 2 and now includes the ChatterExchange, a new category for social enterprise apps. Since its launch in 2005, the AppExchange has been a phenomenal success, having been called the "iTunes of Business Software" by Forbes and winning awards from the SIIA, SD Times and others. With more than 1,000 apps and service listings the AppExchange has reached a number of other amazing milestones:
- Customers have deployed more than 240,000 applications via AppExchange
- More than 40 percent of salesforce.com customers have deployed 1 or more apps via AppExchange
- More than 12,000 leads are passed each month to salesforce.com partners via AppExchange
- Partners on the AppExchange have received more than $800 million in venture capital funding over the last 5 years.
The AppExchange 2 extends the AppExchange's rich history of providing a single location for customers to try and buy new solutions that can extend the benefits of cloud computing with social-enabled enterprise apps. With the shift to Cloud 2, the demand for social-enabled enterprise apps is becoming clear and compelling. Chatter's rich suite of social collaboration components, including profiles, status updates, and real-time feeds are part of Force.com, enabling developers and salesforce.com partners to build new social business apps. The salesforce.com community has already responded to this new innovation opportunity which is reflected in the newly created ChatterExchange.
- More than 12 Chatter-Enabled partner applications are now available in the ChatterExchange on AppExchange 2, including: Appirio, CA, Inc., DocuSign, EchoSign, Fairsail, FinancialForce.com, Genius.com, Jobpartners, Jobscience, ServiceMax, Xactium and more.
- Additionally, more than 15 Force.com Labs apps are available for free in the ChatterExchange on AppExchange 2 to enhance customer Chatter implementations. These include tools and add ons such as: ChatterViz, Chatter Case Triage, Chatter Mass Follower, Chatter Timeline, Chatter Live Tag Cloud, Chatter + Google Alerts, and more.
When Chatter becomes generally available later this year, all 150,000 custom apps built on the Force.com platform can immediately become social.
Comments on the News:
- "CA shares salesforce.com's vision for customer success in the cloud," said Brian Bell, senior vice president and general manager of the Project and Portfolio Management business unit at CA, Inc. "With the social components of the Force.com platform, inherently collaborative processes like agile development can be amplified. Cloud-based apps like CA Agile Vision can now unlock the innovation potential across an entire enterprise."
- "This is a new kind of business collaboration we've never seen before," said Jeremy Roche, CEO, FinancialForce.com. "With these new enterprise social capabilities, our new FinancialForce.com application, Chatterbox, has the potential to tear down the walls between the front and back office. It enables companies to proactively monitor business activity and focus the company around solving the big problems -- improving customer service, driving down costs and increasing the bottom line."
- "Everyday, more companies realize that the cloud computing model liberates the field service function from archaic and cobbled together solutions," said Dave Yarnold, CEO, ServiceMax. "Combining enterprise social capabilities of Chatter with our industry leading field service application will transform the way our customers collaborate, connect and share valuable customer service information across their organizations."
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Chatter is currently scheduled to be generally available in calendar year 2010. Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
- Salesforce Chatter will be included in all paid editions of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
- Service Cloud 2 is available now and pricing starts at $65 per user per month
- AppExchange 2 and ChatterExchange are live today, please visit http://www.appexchange.com/chatter
- Customers should contact partners for pricing and availability of their applications.
- For more information about Salesforce Chatter, please visit http://www.salesforce.com/chatter
- For more information about the ChatterExchange category on the AppExchange 2, please visit http://www.appexchange/chatter
- Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce and join the conversation with #Cloud2
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of January 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 72,500 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,263
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 968
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,400
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,108
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,515
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 537
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,182
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,659
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 616
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 783
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 30, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 731
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,419
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 550
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,697
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,722
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,151
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,672
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,508
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,202