|By PR Newswire||
|April 8, 2010 08:01 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced it is accelerating the market shift to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2. The first phase of cloud computing was about leveraging technologies that were low cost, fast and easy to use on your desktop. Cloud 2 represents the next generation of cloud computing, one that is inherently social, collaborative and delivers real-time access to data and information across new mobile devices.
To meet the overwhelming demand for social enterprise apps, and to accelerate the shift to Cloud 2, salesforce.com has extended the Salesforce Chatter private beta program to more than 500 companies, including customers like Enterasys Networks and Saatchi & Saatchi. In addition, the company launched the AppExchange 2, with the ChatterExchange, a new category for social enterprise applications.
Comments on the News
- "We are in the era of Cloud 2, where social networking use has surpassed e-mail, Facebook and YouTube use have outpaced search, and new mobile devices like the iPad are creating entirely new ways to interact with information," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "With today's announcement, salesforce.com is advancing the shift to Cloud 2, where productivity gains are going to come from real-time collaboration available on any device. We've seen the future of enterprise software, and it looks more like Facebook on the iPad than Yahoo on the PC."
- "The best innovations from the consumer Web are moving to the enterprise forcing software to evolve," said Denis Pombriant, principle, Beagle Research. "The next decade will see demands for more sustainable business processes and cloud computing will meet the challenge by continuing to tilt away from the desktop and on-premise infrastructure, toward location independent computing that accesses data in the cloud on any mobile device."
Chatter Brings Cloud 2 to the Enterprise
Companies of all sizes and industries have realized that the cloud computing model can deliver tremendous success -- it is low cost, fast and easy to use. With the rise of Facebook, Google and Twitter, companies are realizing there is a smarter way to harness the power of the social networking services made popular by the consumer Web. Salesforce.com accelerates the move to the next cloud computing paradigm, Cloud 2, with Chatter. Chatter is the first social enterprise collaboration solution with profiles, real-time feeds and status updates for not only people, but apps and data become social as well.
Today salesforce.com has announced that the Chatter beta program has been extended to more than 500 customers due to overwhelming demand. Later this year, all 72,500 salesforce.com customers will receive Chatter at no additional charge, making their deployments immediately social.
Comments on the News
- "Saatchi & Saatchi is beta-testing Chatter and we love it," said Brand DuBose, management director, Saatchi & Saatchi. "Chatter revolutionizes the way our geographically dispersed teams can collaborate and boost productivity from anywhere. With Chatter, our people can change the game by sharing critical information, insights, and best practices to ensure that our biggest ideas and best work are implemented in real-time."
Salesforce.com's Service Cloud 2 Goes Social with Chatter
Salesforce.com has extended the Chatter private beta to more than 250 Service Cloud 2 customers, including Enterasys Networks so they may realize the power of collaborative customer service. Now, the Service Cloud with Chatter allows service agents to stay on top of the most critical customer updates, track service level agreements and knowledge changes, and instantly collaborate with experts across departments to resolve complex customer cases faster, regardless of where the answer may reside. Nearly 9,000 companies are currently using the Service Cloud to realize tremendous benefits. In combining the Service Cloud and Chatter, companies can boost productivity gains by empowering service agents with powerful new capabilities for:
- Monitoring Priority Cases: Service agents can stay on top of high priority cases, updates to critical knowledge articles, and the latest product updates
- Locating Expertise: Service agents can follow experts across their organization and instantly get help from other agents, other departments, or from across the company
- Real-Time Case Collaboration: For high priority cases, service supervisors can assemble the best expertise and information to close complex cases faster
- SLA Management: Salesforce Chatter proactively can alert service agents of upcoming service level agreement milestones that they must meet
- Sales-Service Alignment: Service agents and sales reps can share the latest case and opportunity updates for their customer to ensure good service means good business
Comments on the News
- "Enterasys Networks' swift customer service engagement depends on addressing open cases with the right expertise so reps can resolve particular issues the first time," said Dan Petlon, CIO, Enterasys Networks. "The Service Cloud 2 with Chatter is truly a game-changer in that it allows us to find experts quickly with the power of real-time enterprise collaboration behind each rep."
AppExchange 2 Introduces ChatterExchange: More than Two Dozen New Cloud 2 Apps
Salesforce.com today unveiled the AppExchange 2, which reflects the shift to Cloud 2 and now includes the ChatterExchange, a new category for social enterprise apps. Since its launch in 2005, the AppExchange has been a phenomenal success, having been called the "iTunes of Business Software" by Forbes and winning awards from the SIIA, SD Times and others. With more than 1,000 apps and service listings the AppExchange has reached a number of other amazing milestones:
- Customers have deployed more than 240,000 applications via AppExchange
- More than 40 percent of salesforce.com customers have deployed 1 or more apps via AppExchange
- More than 12,000 leads are passed each month to salesforce.com partners via AppExchange
- Partners on the AppExchange have received more than $800 million in venture capital funding over the last 5 years.
The AppExchange 2 extends the AppExchange's rich history of providing a single location for customers to try and buy new solutions that can extend the benefits of cloud computing with social-enabled enterprise apps. With the shift to Cloud 2, the demand for social-enabled enterprise apps is becoming clear and compelling. Chatter's rich suite of social collaboration components, including profiles, status updates, and real-time feeds are part of Force.com, enabling developers and salesforce.com partners to build new social business apps. The salesforce.com community has already responded to this new innovation opportunity which is reflected in the newly created ChatterExchange.
- More than 12 Chatter-Enabled partner applications are now available in the ChatterExchange on AppExchange 2, including: Appirio, CA, Inc., DocuSign, EchoSign, Fairsail, FinancialForce.com, Genius.com, Jobpartners, Jobscience, ServiceMax, Xactium and more.
- Additionally, more than 15 Force.com Labs apps are available for free in the ChatterExchange on AppExchange 2 to enhance customer Chatter implementations. These include tools and add ons such as: ChatterViz, Chatter Case Triage, Chatter Mass Follower, Chatter Timeline, Chatter Live Tag Cloud, Chatter + Google Alerts, and more.
When Chatter becomes generally available later this year, all 150,000 custom apps built on the Force.com platform can immediately become social.
Comments on the News:
- "CA shares salesforce.com's vision for customer success in the cloud," said Brian Bell, senior vice president and general manager of the Project and Portfolio Management business unit at CA, Inc. "With the social components of the Force.com platform, inherently collaborative processes like agile development can be amplified. Cloud-based apps like CA Agile Vision can now unlock the innovation potential across an entire enterprise."
- "This is a new kind of business collaboration we've never seen before," said Jeremy Roche, CEO, FinancialForce.com. "With these new enterprise social capabilities, our new FinancialForce.com application, Chatterbox, has the potential to tear down the walls between the front and back office. It enables companies to proactively monitor business activity and focus the company around solving the big problems -- improving customer service, driving down costs and increasing the bottom line."
- "Everyday, more companies realize that the cloud computing model liberates the field service function from archaic and cobbled together solutions," said Dave Yarnold, CEO, ServiceMax. "Combining enterprise social capabilities of Chatter with our industry leading field service application will transform the way our customers collaborate, connect and share valuable customer service information across their organizations."
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Chatter is currently scheduled to be generally available in calendar year 2010. Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
- Salesforce Chatter will be included in all paid editions of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
- Service Cloud 2 is available now and pricing starts at $65 per user per month
- AppExchange 2 and ChatterExchange are live today, please visit http://www.appexchange.com/chatter
- Customers should contact partners for pricing and availability of their applications.
- For more information about Salesforce Chatter, please visit http://www.salesforce.com/chatter
- For more information about the ChatterExchange category on the AppExchange 2, please visit http://www.appexchange/chatter
- Follow salesforce.com on Twitter @salesforce and join the conversation with #Cloud2
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of January 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 72,500 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 373
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:08 AM EDT Reads: 167
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 513
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,861
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,248
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,053
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,941
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,678
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,496
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,452
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,989
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,751
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,043
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 887
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,210
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 989
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 843
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,089
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,416
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,111